Wednesday, January 20, 2010

On the move...

On the eve of an exciting departure for cold climes I am suddenly aware of all I will miss... The many generous family members, friends and neighbours who are supporting my daft decision. The dawn chorus. The flap-flap of kereru wings as they kamikaze over my house. The playful piwakawakas. A cat either side as I sleep. Rosie goat. The food-fixated chooks and fresh eggs to share. The Governors Bay community. The view out my kitchen window to Mts Herbert and Bradley. The rapidly gold-browning hills. The harbour. My vegetable garden. The ripening of the peaches and apricots. My books. My Auntie Margaret in hospital. And other things I will become aware of only when I am shivering on the other side of the world.


It is worth removing oneself if only to rediscover what is important and precious in the usual, taken-for-granted life.

No comments:

Post a Comment